ITW Limited trading as Avery Weigh-Tronix (the Company) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit our website (regardless of where you visit it from) and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
Please use the Glossary for clarity on the meaning of some terms used in this privacy notice.
Purpose of this Privacy Notice
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how the Company collects and processes your personal data through your use of our website, including any data you may provide through this website when you sign up for usage and/or purchase a product or service.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
The Company is made up of different legal entities and this Privacy Notice is issued on behalf of ITW Limited trading as Avery Weigh-Tronix (the Company). The company is a ‘data controller’ and gathers and uses certain information about you. This information is also used by our affiliated entities and group companies, namely ITW ltd., AWTX, GSE, Salter, Brecknell, Dillon, Railweight, Central Weighing and/or Exactrak (our ‘group companies’) and so, in this policy, references to ‘we’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’ mean the Company and/or our group companies.
We will let you know which entity will be the controller for your data when you purchase a product or service with us. The Company is the controller and responsible for our associate websites.
We have appointed a Data Controller who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact the Data Controller at [email protected].
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance at [email protected]
Changes to the Privacy Notice and Your Duty to Inform Us of Changes
This version is dated on the cover of this notice. Historic versions of our privacy notice will be archived and can be obtained by contacting us directly.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Third Party Links
Our websites may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our websites, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
The Data We Collect
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
- We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
If You Fail to Provide Personal Data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract or agreement we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
How is Your Personal Data Collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
Direct Interactions: You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, telephone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- apply for our products or services;
- create an account on our website;
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us some feedback